Tuesday, August 27, 2013

cruel joke.


My husband is in school to be a medical professional.  He came home today with the assignment of contacting hospitals in a particular urban area for quotes on facility fees for non-complicated vaginal deliveries.  It's for a healthcare course where they're examining the current system in the U.S.

Because none of these hospitals have taken him seriously or given him the time of day to answer his questions when he presented himself as a student, he decided to call as a potential patient.

Here's the dialog I'm listening to in the other room:

"Hi, my name is Jason, and my wife is pregnant.  We are uninsured but would like to start preparing and are shopping around for the hospital we plan to use.  Can you tell me the cost of the facility fee for a typical vaginal delivery?"

...and my wife is pregnant.

HA!

Yet another reminder that I'm not pregnant.  And we don't have to make these calls.  And none of this is really happening.

Thanks universe -- you're so funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment