Friday, January 31, 2014

and here we are.

Once again, I neglected the blog.  I'm not sure that anyone reads it anyway, but I do wish I had done a better job of documenting my IVF journey.

I'm really kind of silly and ridiculous sometimes.  In my mind, I just wanted to be in the moment and really almost believed that if I wrote about every little thing, I would jinx myself.  I know this isn't true, but when you're in the middle of it, you want to do everything right.  Just everything.

My plan from here is to go back in time and document what I remember.  The drugs I was taking each day.  My side effects and reactions.  How I felt throughout the process.  The way everything worked.  I want this record for my own purposes, something to reflect on.  And you never know when or why that information might come in handy.

My egg retrieval was on Jan. 15th.  My transfer of three embryos was on Jan. 20th.  The days that followed were tough.

And last night we learned that it failed.  I'm not pregnant.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. I know words are weak against your sorrow and disappointment, but I wanted to say that.

    ReplyDelete