Wednesday, September 4, 2013

it's so strange.

In previous posts I've mentioned the grieving process in regards to infertility.  For me, the ups and downs are uncontrollable.

For the past few days, I have truly felt good.  Maybe I've had proper distractions, maybe I've just been too busy to wallow, maybe I've hit a period of rationality (which is guaranteed to be brief)... I don't know.  But right now I'm feeling hopeful and positive and eager for December to get here.

Now, when I let myself think about what December getting here means, I get a little panicky.  For lots of reasons, I suppose.  For the most part, I feel panicky that I will have an answer and that it could be the answer I don't want to hear.  On the flip side of that panic, though, is such intense excitement and hope.  And if I get the answer I've wanted for so long, I can only begin to imagine how I might process it.

I make a conscious effort not to use the word 'exciting' when describing my anticipation of the coming months because excitement doesn't begin to cover it.  I would definitely use that word if I knew IVF was going to work.  I would definitely use it if I knew I would get good news.  I am not guaranteed any of that, though.  In fact, there's an equally good chance that I will be disappointed beyond belief.  That I will enter a new level of mourning in this journey.  That I won't know what to do next.  And for the reasons that I will experience one of two very different results, I am overwhelmed by the approach of December.  That's the only word that currently works for me.  Overwhelmed.

For now... For now I'm going to work on concentrating on today and what I might be able to accomplish in the moment.  I'm going to enjoy my day-to-day.  Stay positive and hopeful.  And in the background, I will anticipate December.




No comments:

Post a Comment